What is The Greenspan Floortime Approach®?
Here is the original program, the only one created by Dr. Stanley Greenspan.
Greenspan Floortime has proven highly effective for children on the autism spectrum and those with developmental delays. With it, you can help your child’s improve communication and relationships. You can gain insight and understanding into how children progress and grow into their best selves.You can learn directly from Dr. Greenspan and see how he helped 1000s of children.
The Greenspan Floortime Approach® Training and Certification Program offers you Dr. Greenspan’s original, evidence-based treatment for children with autism and developmental delays. We share Dr. Greenspan’s practices–his principles and nuances–through his lectures, videos, audios, a manual and with instruction from Jake Greenspan and Tim Bleecker of The Floortime Center.
NEW at The Greenspan Floortime Approach
Dr. Greenspan determined that it was our emotional health and relationships that drive our behavior, thinking and communication. Because so many professionals focus on surface behaviors and symptoms, never addressing the core components of a child’s emotional and cognitive health, he wanted to make his work available for all children.
Our NEW Interactive Certification Program
The Greenspan Floortime Approach® understands that Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Educators and Mental Health Professionals all operate in different environments and have different challenges when integrating Greenspan Floortime into their work.
Dr. Greenspan’s Story
- Developmentally Appropriate Play: Is it More Important than Age-Appropriate Play?
- Developmental Milestone vs Developmental Capacity: Why we need to use both terms when discussing a Psychodynamic Framework like the Greenspan/DIR™ Model
- Independence vs Interdependence: Which Should we Prioritize for Children?
- How Children Learn to Self-Regulate: Co-Regulation and Counter Regulation
- What did Dr. Greenspan really mean when he said, “Follow the Child’s Lead”?
- What is Social-Emotional Health, and How is it Different from Social-Emotional Skills?
- ASD Level 1, 2, or 3: How should Diagnostic Distinctions Guide Treatment?
- Autism and Tylenol
- Study Finds Floortime Helps Preschool Kids with Autism
- Study Conclusion: Use Floortime for Early Autism Intervention